Obtain a repeat prescription
If you think you need a new prescription, please speak to your doctor.
To request a repeat prescription please telephone 02476 246072, or contact the surgery to arrange to register for Patient Access.
Please allow at least 48 hours before visiting your collection point.
We can only process requests for repeat prescriptions – if you require a new medication you will need to book an appointment or speak to one of our doctors on the telephone.
Information about Repeat Prescriptions
- Repeat prescriptions are normally for patients with long-term conditions who receive regular treatment.
- Your doctor will explain the repeat prescription system upon beginning regular treatment.
- You can order a repeat prescription in one of the following ways: by telephoning 02476 246072; by registering for Patient Access (please call the surgery to obtain the details required to register); by downloading the NHS App; by completing one of the forms available in the lobby at both of our sites and leaving it in the box provided.
- Please provide the exact drug names wherever possible.
- Please allow at least 48 hours after submitting your request before collecting your prescription from the surgery or your chosen chemist.
- Your doctor will review all repeat prescriptions regularly.
- Patients with some chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and asthma will be seen regularly for monitoring of their condition.
- Please tell us of any changes to your repeat prescription list made at the hospital or if you stop any medication by yourself
- Do not stockpile unwanted drugs at home – return them to your chemist
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
NHS Prescription costs from 1 April 2021
- The current prescription charge is £9.35
- A three month PPC (Prescription Prepayment Certificate) is £30.25. This saves you money if you need four or more items in a three month period.
- A 12 month certificate is £108.10 and saves money if 15 or more items are needed in 12 months.
PPCs are available by 10 monthly direct debit instalment payments. The prescription prepayment certificates allow anyone to obtain all the prescriptions they need for £2.09 per week.
There is further information about prescription exemptions, fees and PPCs available on the NHS website.